The 2012 Best of the Web Awards winners have been chosen. Go check them out here!
We organized the senior living web into 7 categories. Explore the categories below to browse the top senior living and caregiving sites and discover the SeniorHomes.com Best of the Web winners, finalists and nominees.
What are the best resources for caregivers and their families? We’ve gathered them for you.
- Best Senior Living Blogs : There are many senior living blogs out there. We’ve found the most engaging, insightful blogs for you to follow if you are a caregiver or family member.
- Best Caregiver Resources: Looking for the best information sites for caregivers online? We’ve narrowed the list down for you and found the best resource sites to get questions answered with guidance, tips, etc.
- Best Senior Living Provider websites: Over the last few years many Senior Living Providers have improved their websites providing great advice, answers and tips to consumers. We’ve highlighted the best.
- Best Government Resources: The Federal government, States, Counties and even some cities have sites created great resources with information specific to their region.
- Best Senior Living Newsletters: There is nothing better than great tips or stories showing up in your inbox regularly. As a caregiver what email newsletters should you subscribe to? We’ve got the answers.
Are you a professional in the Senior Care or Senior Housing industry? What are the must-reads to keep you up to date with the latest news, research and methods? Check out the sites we’ve screened for you.
- Best Senior Living Industry Blogs and Websites: These are the best resources and must-read blogs if you work in the Senior Living industry. News, research, best practices and tips are what you’ll find from these sites.
- Best Senior Living Industry Newsletters: Keeping up to date with the latest in the Senior Living industry is a challenge. Subscribe to these newsletters to keep current.
How We Determined Nominees, Finalists, and Winners
We accepted nominations from the general public via Twitter, Facebook and email. During the nomination phase of our contest we received over 200 nominations for caregiving and senior living websites, blogs and newsletters. Review our specific instructions for nominating.
All nominees are entitled to post a SeniorHomes.com Best of the Web Nominee badge on their website or blog.
We created a page for every nominated site, blog and newsletter for which we could find an appropriate category. We encouraged people to vote for their favorite sites and tracked the votes via a Facebook “Like” button on the nominee’s page. During the nomination and voting phase of the contest, we received over 2,000 votes.
The nominees with the most popular votes on December 6, 2010 were advanced to the Finalists round. The number of finalists varied for each category. For the categories with many nominees, we looked for a natural break point in the number of popular votes to determine who to send to the finalist round. For the two newsletter categories and the government resources category, categories which had small numbers of nominees, we advanced all nominees to the finalist round.
All finalists are entitled to post a SeniorHomes.com Best of the Web Finalist badge on their website or blog.
Rating the Finalists and Determining the Winners
Our panel of 15 expert judges rated the finalists. The judges rated each finalist on a scale of 1 to 5 across the following four factors:
- Breadth and depth of content
- Quality of content (accuracy, insight, uniqueness, etc)
- Website design, navigation and usability
- Quality of writing (how well written, interesting and engaging is it?)
Each category was rated by at least 3 judges, except for the 2 newsletter categories which were rated by only 2 judges. Finalists in each category were ranked and winners determined by aggregating the scores our judges gave across the 4 parameters above.
Winners will be entitled to post an official SeniorHomes.com Best of the Web Winner badge on their website or blog.
Winners of the Popular Vote
We had a tremendous amount of people voting on their favorite websites, blogs and newsletters. We have identified popular vote winners in each category.
You can send your questions regarding the SeniorHomes.com Best of the Web contest to firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @seniorhomes.