We’re excited to announce the launch of this year’s SeniorHomes.com Best Senior Living Awards! Nominations are being accepted today through April 14th.
Phase 1 of the Best Senior Living Awards identifies the best websites, newsletters, blogs, organizations, and more. Phase 2 of the Best Senior Living Awards: Best Senior Living Communities will be launched in May 2014 and will identify the best senior living communities in key cities across the U.S.
This year, we’ve added a few exciting new categories to the Best Senior Living Awards – Phase 1, including:
- Best Books for Aging and Caregiving– Includes books written for seniors and caregivers, which may be collections of inspirational stories, ground-breaking ways to think about aging, and humorous anecdotes to brighten your day. Tell us about your favorite books!
- Biggest Senior Living Advocate – These are organizations that fight for senior citizens’ rights on Capitol Hill, advocate for increased funding for diseases like Alzheimer’s disease, and raise awareness about issues facing the growing aging population. What organizations are making the biggest impact in the lives of seniors? Tell us about them!
- Best Large Cities for Senior Living – Which large cities boast tons of senior-friendly services like public transportation, access to prestigious hospitals and advanced medical care, and senior-friendly recreation? The Best Large Cities for Senior Living include those with populations of 200,000 or more and have at least 10 assisted living, independent living or memory care communities.
- Best Small Cities for Senior Living – Not everyone enjoys the big-city atmosphere. Small cities are sometimes desirable for seniors who want to be away from the fast pace of city life and enjoy the beautiful scenery in the countryside. The Best Small Cities for Senior Living have a population of less than 200,000 and have at least 5 assisted living, independent living or memory care communities.
We’ve also brought back the most popular categories from the Best Senior Living Awards programs in past years. Here’s a look at the full list of categories included in this year’s Awards.
- Best Large Cities for Senior Living
- Best Small Cities for Senior Living
- Best Caregiver Websites
- Best Caregiver Newsletters
- Best Boomer Resources
- Best Senior Living Blogs by Individuals
- Best Senior Living Blogs by Organizations
- Best Government & Education Resource Sites
- Best Senior Living Provider Websites: Large Companies
- Best Senior Living Provider Websites: Small Companies
- Best Senior Living Industry Resources
- Best Books for Aging & Caregiving
Vote for the most influential, inspiring and innovative people and organizations in the categories below.
- Most Inspiring Seniors
- Biggest Senior Living Advocate
- Social Media Rockstars – Individuals
- Social Media Rockstars – Organizations
- Best Sales and Marketing Consultants
- Most Innovative Senior Living Products
Voting ends on April 28, 2014, and finalists will be selected based on popular vote as of that date. Finalists will be judged by a panel of leading senior living experts based on a carefully crafted set of standardized, category-specific rating criteria, and winners will be announced on May 19, 2014.
For full contest details and information about the ratings and judging process for each category, visit http://www.seniorhomes.com/p/2014-best-senior-living-awards/
Interested in serving on our panel of top-notch senior living experts? Email Angela at email@example.com for details!