Ohio Assisted Living
In Ohio, communities that provide assisted living services are known as both assisted living facilities and residential care facilities. Both facilities care for three or more seniors who are dependent on the support of others and offer personal care services, supervision of special diets, wound care and administration of medications as needed.
In Ohio, there are 395 Assisted Living Facilities. We can help you find the best matches for your needs. The average cost of Assisted Living in Ohio is $3,713 per month.
Ohio Assisted Living Facilities by RegionBack to top
Other Areas in OhioAkron, Ashland, Ashtabula, Bellefontaine, Bucyrus, Cambridge, Canton, Celina, Chillicothe, Dayton, Defiance, Salem, Findlay, Fremont, Greenville, Lima, Mansfield, Marion, Mount Vernon, Marietta, Gallipolis, Portsmouth, Sandusky, Springfield, Steubenville, Tiffin, Toledo, Urbana, Van Wert, Wapakoneta, Washington Court House, Wilmington, Wooster, Youngstown, Zanesville
Map of Ohio Assisted Living FacilitiesBack to top
Zoom in using the plus (+) sign to see greater detail
Cost of Assisted Living in OhioBack to top
The average cost of Assisted Living in Ohio is $3,713. Assisted Living costs range from $1,550 to $6,660 depending on location and other factors.
Assisted living in Ohio is paid for privately, either by individuals in combination with their families, or in some cases, by long-term care insurance policies. The Assisted Living Medicaid Waiver will cover the cost of services received in an assisted living facility for qualified low-income individuals, but does not pay for room and board.
|City||Minimum Cost||Maximum Cost||Median Cost|
Overview of Ohio Assisted LivingBack to top The landscape of The Buckeye State is varied, with the coastal feel of Lake Eerie, pastoral rivers and the stunning Hocking Hills region at the foot of the Appalachian Mountains. With a number of museums, cultural venues, amenities and services easily available, seniors who choose assisted living in Ohio will love the perfect balance of a big-city lifestyle with the quaint, homey feeling of a small town.
Assisted Living in Ohio DefinedBack to top In Ohio, an “assisted living facility” and “residential care facility” are considered the same thing. The Ohio Department of Health defines residential care facilities as homes that provide accommodations for:
- “Seventeen or more unrelated individuals, and supervision and personal care services for at least three or more of those individuals who are dependent on the services of others by reason of age or physical or mental impairment,” or
- “Three or more unrelated individuals, supervision and personal care services for at least three of those individuals who are dependent on the services of others by reason of age or physical or mental impairment, and, to at least one of those individuals supervision of special diets or application of dressings, or provide for the administering medication to residents, to the extent authorized.”
Regulation of Ohio Assisted Living FacilitiesBack to top Assisted living facilities in Ohio are licensed by the Ohio Department of Health. Each facility receives at least one unannounced inspection during a 9- to 15-month survey cycle. All aspects of care and services are evaluated during these inspections, based on state laws. Each residential care facility is required to display a copy of the most recent survey so that consumers may review it. Direct care staff at Ohio assisted living communities must undergo background checks, must be at least 16 years of age and have the proper training. Eight additional hours of training is mandatory each year. If therapeutic diets are offered at a facility, policies require that a dietician be on staff. At least two staff members trained in First Aid must be on call all night and an administrator must be in the building no fewer than 20 hours a week. If an assisted living home offers skilled nursing care, then it must be managed by an on-site Registered Nurse (RN).
Call an Advisor
Top Cities in Ohio
- Assisted Living
- Assisted Care: 5 Signs Your Loved One Might Need it
- Find Assisted Living
- Assisted Living Care: What to Expect
- Checklist for Visiting Assisted Living Homes
- Assisted Living Facilities: Common Myths
- Assisted Living Costs: Facts & Figures
- Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Paying for Assisted Living
- Assisted Living Communities
- Assisted Facilities FAQ
- Assisted Living Trends
- Assisted Senior Living: Services Included
- Assisted Living Safety: What to Look for
- Nursing Care in Assisted Living: How do Residents Benefit?
- Senior Assisted Living
- Assisted Living Center
- Nursing Homes Center
- Independent Living Center
- Home Care Center
- Continuing Care Center
- Retirement Communities Center
- Care Homes Center
- Memory Care Center
- Hospice Care Center
- Senior Finance Center
- Convalescent Care Center
- Family Caregiving Center
- Senior Living Center
- Respite Care Center
- Senior Apartments Center
- 55 Communities Center
- Adult Day Care Center
- Senior Homes Center
- Cancer Care Center
- Senior Living Newsletter