The average cost of Assisted Living in Delaware is $5,745 per month. In Delaware there are 33 Assisted Living Facilities. We can help you find the best matches for your needs.
Delaware Assisted Living
Cost of Assisted Living in Delaware
The average cost of Assisted Living in Delaware is $5,745. Assisted Living costs range from $5,061 to $8,175 depending on location and other factors.
According to data compiled by the Center for Applied Demography & Survey Research at the University of Delaware, a large majority (86%) of Delaware assisted living residents paid privately for their care out of personal financial savings or those of their families in 2010. The remaining 14% of residents paid for their care through the state’s Assisted Living Medicaid Waiver program.
Delaware Assisted Living Facilities by RegionBack to top
Map of Delaware Assisted Living Facilities
Map of Delaware Assisted Living FacilitiesBack to top
Zoom in using the plus (+) sign to see greater detail
Measuring only 96 miles from end to end, Delaware is the second smallest state in the country after Rhode Island and can be driven across in just two hours. But what this state lacks in size, it makes up for in style. As the first state to become a part of the United States of America, Delaware boasts a rich and vibrant history. Visitors enjoy trips to the state’s many historical museums, beach combing along 26 miles of Atlantic sea shore and rooting for their favorite NASCAR driver at the Dover International Speedway. Deal hunters are sure to enjoy shopping at one of New Castle’s retail centers, as Delaware is one of only five states without a sales tax. No matter what you choose to do in The First State, one thing is certain: seniors who chose assisted living in Delaware will find that this little state has a lot to offer.
According to the Delaware Health and Social Services Division of Public Health, assisted living in Delaware is defined as: “A special combination of housing, supportive services, supervision, personalized assistance and health care designed to respond to the individual needs of those who need help with activities of daily living and/or instrumental activities of daily living.” Assisted living facilities in Delaware are required to provide residents with the following services:
- Administration of medications or help with self-administration
- Medication log keeping
- Assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, toileting or eating
- Assisted with instrumental activities of daily living such as paying bills, preparing meals or shopping for groceries
- Help with disability aids such as wheelchairs, hearing aids or walkers
- Room and board
- Housekeeping services
- Help with activities of daily living
- Rehabilitation services
In the state of Delaware, there are several types of facilities that provide care services for adults, such as assisted living facilities, rest (family care) homes and rest (residential care homes). Facilities that specifically provide assisted living services for the elderly are known as assisted living facilities. The Delaware Health and Social Services Division of Long Term Care Residents Protection is responsible for licensing health care facilities. To learn more on how assisted living facilities in Delaware are licensed, please visit our Delaware Licensing Summary.
There are Assisted Living options:
Please select a city to narrow your search