2012 SeniorHomes.com Best of the Web
The 2012 SeniorHomes.com Best of the Web contest highlights the best senior living and caregiving websites, blogs, and resources for consumers and senior living professionals.
Congratulations 2012 Best of the Web Winners!
The judges have made their final choices, and the final rankings have been listed on each category page. Please go to each category to check out the winners of the 2012 Best of the Web Awards.
What are the best resources online for caregivers and their families? We are gathering them for you.
- Best Websites and Newsletters for Caregivers
- We are looking for the websites that have the best content, tools, and resources for caregivers.
- Best Senior Living Blogs by Individuals
- There are thousands of Senior Living Blogs, but we are looking for the best! Do you devote your time to writing great content for caregivers? Nominate yourself today!
- Best Senior Living Blogs by Organizations
- Does your company or organization have a blog that puts out engaging and insightful information for caregivers? Then it stands a chance to win the Best Blog of 2012.
- Best Government & Education Resource Sites
- Government and University resources that are well researched and have local information are essential for seniors and their caregivers. Do you know a government or university organization that does a great job? Nominate them today!
- Best Senior Living Online Retailers
- Nominate an online retailer who not only sells quality products, but also delivers outstanding service to caregivers and seniors.
Industry Recognition and Resources
Our industry categories recognize companies and individuals that stand out for exceptional online marketing and communication. We also identify the must-reads to keep you up to date with the latest news, research and methods.
- Best Senior Living Provider Websites
- Objective, insightful content, videos, tips and advice–these senior living providers offer websites that go beyond just marketing their communities and service. They stand out for helping educate caregivers and their families.
- Best Designed Senior Living Provider Websites
- In this category, we are recognizing those senior living providers who have designed the best websites for marketing their services and communities to consumers. Dazzling photos, maps, snappy service descriptions and clear calls to action set these websites apart.
- Social Media Rockstars - Individuals
- These folks are not just bloggers–these are the standouts in the senior industry that have a strong presence across the internet and social media. They capture the attention of consumers and the industry through speaking, consulting or writing and amplify their message via social connections.
- Social Media Rockstars - Organizations
- These organizations have mastered Facebook, Twitter and other social channels connecting with consumers and industry professionals in savvy ways.
- Best Senior Living Industry Resources
- We want the best resources and must read blogs for people who work in the senior living industry. The ones that are known for having the latest news, research, best practices and tips.
How We Determine Finalists and Winners
Finalists & Winners
The nominees with the most votes by March 2nd, 2012 will be advanced to the Finalists Round. Each category will have a different number of finalists–the number of finalists in each category will be determined by the number of nominees in that category.
All finalists are entitled to post a SeniorHomes.com Best of the Web Finalist badge on their website or blog.
Our panel of expert judges will rate the finalists. The judges will rate each finalist on a scale of 1 to 5 across the following four factors:
- Breadth and depth of content
- Quality of content (accuracy, insight, uniqueness, etc)
- Website design, navigation and usability
- Quality of writing (how well written, interesting and engaging is it?)
Several categories have some nuances in determining the Winners:
- Best Designed Provider Websites: This category will be judged on the user experience and information provided about the company’s services and communities. Great photos, videos, well written marketing copy, clean design and ease of use will set the winners apart.
- Best Senior Living Online Retailers: The Online Retailer category will be judged by looking at the breadth and depth of products, usability and navigation of the website, ease of purchasing, and return policies.
- Social Media Rockstars - Organizations: Here we will look at the number of connections and followers companies have on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Google+. We’ll also be looking at how they use social media to connect with consumers and distribute content.
- Social Media Rockstars - Individuals: Our Social Media Rockstar winner will have to prove their muster by garnering the most popular votes. To determine the Winner we will tally the Facebook Likes and Google +1s on March 12, 2012.
Winners will be entitled to post an official SeniorHomes.com Best of the Web Winner badge on their website or blog. Winners will be announced March 15th, 2012.
Winners of the Popular Vote
This year we will be acknowledging the winners of the popular vote by creating a peoples choice award. This award will be given to the nominee in each category that garners the most votes.
You can send your questions regarding the SeniorHomes.com Best of the Web contest to email@example.com or via Twitter @seniorhomes.
Looking for information on our last year’s contest? Go to our SeniorHomes.com 2011 Best of the Web page.