Aljoya (Mercer Island)
Mercer Island, WA 98040
Please call 1-855-598-4107 to speak to a Care AdvisorLooking for a job? Click here.
At Aljoya, our residents can relax and experience the finest in retirement living that the Pacific Northwest has to offer. We are located in the heart of Mercer Island, close to shops, restaurants and the Sculpture Park.
Aljoya is part of Era Living, a private, Seattle-based company founded in 1987 by Eli and Rebecca Almo. Each Era Living community is dedicated to providing innovative housing, programs and service choices for those who have reached the age of 62.
Aljoya has 114 residences, most ranging from 1,000 to 2,000 square feet. Each residence offers upscale features including granite countertops, tile floors and designer finishes. Our residents enjoy a maintenance-free lifestyle, including a full-service restaurant with chef-prepared selections, weekly housekeeping, scheduled transportation and professionally maintained common areas and gardens.
In addition to quality health care, Era Living’s Wellness and Active Aging programs foster an encouraging community that promotes lifelong learning and creativity, which provides a stimulating environment for our residents.
Era Living provides residents with premier health care services through a partnership with the University of Washington, School of Nursing. This collaboration with the nation’s top-rated nursing school highlights Era Living’s commitment to wellness and healthy aging.
In addition, residents of Aljoya may receive nursing care services in the privacy of their own apartment. Aljoya is also pleased to offer a wealth-preservation benefit that protects and refunds initial resident investments.
- Studios $2,472
- One Bedroom $3,029-$3,585
- Two Bedroom $3,585-$6,145/Three Bedroom $5,512-$6,063
- Additional Assisted Living Service Fees Apply $750-$4,500
- Long-Term Care Insurance Accepted
- VA Benefits Accepted
- Medicaid/Medicare Not Accepted
- Emergency Services: Less than 3 Miles
- Shopping: Less than 1 Mile
- Recreation: Less than 1 Mile
- Minimum Age: 62
- Resident Capacity: 150
- State License #: 2019
- Enforcement Letters: Check
- Private Units
- Studio Apartments
- 1-Bedroom Units
- 2-Bedroom Units
- Air Conditioning/Climate Control
- Washer/Dryer in Apt
- Full Kitchen
- Emergency Call System
- 24-Hour Staffing
- Employee Background Checks
- Parking Provided
- Fitness Room/Gym
- Beauty/Barber Shop
- Dance Studio
- Swimming Pool
- Arts & Crafts Studio
- Fireplace & Formal Living Room
- Full-Time Activity Director
- Social Events
- Trips & Outings
- Spiritual Activities
- Exercise Classes
- Live, On-site Entertainment
- Educational Opportunities
- Art Galas, Movies
- Thai Chi, Book Club, Bridge
- UW Medicine/ UW Nursing Lectures and Presentations
- Discussion and Support Groups
- Computer/Internet Access
- Cable/Satellite TV
- Pet Policy: Pets allowed after assessment
- Special Meals: Diabetic, Low-salt, Low-fat
- Lilly's - an upscale restaurant featuring chef-prepared cuisine
- Café Bistro
- Special Meals Available: Ask for details
- On-Site Medical Visits: Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist
- Medication Management
- Diabetes Care
- Transportation to Medical Appointments
- Other Transportation Provided
- Private Laundry
- Room Service
- Nurses - On-Site 16 hours/day; On-Call 24/7
- Day Spa & Salon
- Concierge Service
- Maintenance Service
Reviews of Aljoya (Mercer Island)Write a review
My mother lived at Aljoya for over 3 years. The staff and the entire environment were great. It was a very classy and well kept up spot to live at. The staff knew everyone’s name, including mine. I would highly recommend Aljoya. The food was very nice, there was a pool and Jacuzzi to use as well. The parking was very easy.
Recommended by 3 out of 3 local experts
Expert rank: 51st percentile
There are no consumer reviews.
State Inspection Violations: 0
The information above will help you navigate the challenging decision of selecting a senior living provider but should not be solely used to make a decision. We recommend that you consider and tour multiple communities and consult other sources before you make your decision.