Minneapolis Assisted Living
There are 13 Assisted Living Facilities in Minneapolis, MN and 5 Assisted Living Facilities nearby. The average cost of Assisted Living in Minneapolis, MN is $3,878 per month.
Nearby Assisted Living Facilities
Other Assisted Living Facilities
- Minneapolis, MN 55404Assisted Living, Independent Living, Retirement Communities
- Minneapolis, MN 55418Assisted Living, Nursing Homes
- Minneapolis, MN 55412Assisted Living
- Minneapolis, MN 55401Assisted Living, Independent Living, Retirement Communities
- Minneapolis, MN 55416-4240Assisted Living, Nursing Homes
- Minneapolis, MN 55413-1958Assisted Living
- Minneapolis, MN 55419Assisted Living, Continuing Care, Independent Living, Memory Care, Nursing Homes, Retirement Communities
- Minneapolis, MN 55411Assisted Living
- Minneapolis, MN 55413-1931Assisted Living
- Minneapolis, MN 55418Assisted Living
- Minneapolis, MN 55404Assisted Living
- Minneapolis, MN 55411Assisted Living, Hospice Care, Memory Care, Nursing Homes, Respite Care
- Minneapolis, MN 55403Assisted Living, Independent Living, Retirement Communities
Map of Minneapolis Assisted Living Facilities
Minneapolis, MN Assisted Living Costs
The median cost of Assisted Living in Minneapolis is $3,878 per month. Assisted Living costs range from $2,045 to $5,235 depending on location and other factors.
Cost of Assisted Living Facilities near Minneapolis, MN
|City||Minimum Cost||Maximum Cost||Median Cost|
|Saint Paul, MN||$2,045||$5,235||$3,878|
|Eau Claire, WI||$2,370||$4,500||$3,700|
|Saint Cloud, MN||$1,596||$4,515||$2,870|
|La Crosse, WI||$1,452||$4,500||$2,639|
|North Mankato, MN||$1,925||$3,978||$3,100|
Cost of Assisted Living in Minnesota
The majority of residents enjoying assisted living in Minnesota pay for the expense out-of-pocket. In fact, a survey found that 81% of assisted living residents paid for the services using their own funds. There are, however, government funds to help cover assisted living costs through the state’s Elderly Waiver program.View Minneapolis Assisted Living Facilities
Information About Assisted Living in Minneapolis
Nicknamed the “City of Lakes,” Minneapolis offers rich waterfront views of over 20 surrounding lakes and waterways. Since its incorporation as a city in 1867, Minneapolis has grown from a small milling town into a vibrant cultural destination.
In addition to beautiful surroundings, Minneapolis also boasts the third largest theater market in the country, several professional sports teams and a thriving downtown. All of these amenities make assisted living in Minneapolis ideal for those seeking senior housing.
Minneapolis has a great number of attractions for assisted living seniors. The local park system is among the best in the country. About 16% of the city is designated as public park grounds, including the Grand Rounds Scenic Byway, a 52-mile route that circles the city and contains paths for cars, pedestrians and bicycles. The city also owns much of the land surrounding the byway, meaning that the lakes along the path are also open to the public.
The Guthrie Theater, the Minnesota Dance Theatre and the Cowles Center for Dance and the Performing Arts offer many concerts, plays and performances throughout the year. Book lovers enjoying assisted living in Minneapolis can take a class at the The Loft Literary Center, which offers programs in contemporary art and the traditional crafts of paper making, letterpress printing and bookbinding.
Minneapolis Senior Activities
The Senior Community Services organization, operating since 1950, offers many services for residents of assisted living in Minneapolis.
Programs include transportation, home maintenance, Medicare counseling and caregiver support services. The goal of this organization is to support positive aging by coordinating activities, clubs and outreach programs.
Additionally, the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board and various senior community centers located throughout the city offer year-round activities and programs for seniors.
Minneapolis Medical Facilities
Minnesota hospitals are rated among the best in the nation, and residents of assisted living in Minneapolis should feel especially fortunate for their proximity. The Hennepin County Medical Center operates four primary care clinics in the Twin Cities and operates a Level 1 Trauma center.
North Memorial Hospital has served the area for over 50 years and together with Fairview Maple Grove Hospital offers innovative senior care. Minneapolis seniors are also just a short drive from the world-renowned Mayo Clinic, whose Rochester campus is part of the largest system of integrated medical care in the world.
Metro Transit quickly and conveniently transports residents from a community of assisted living in Minneapolis to the airport, downtown and the Mall of America via a sprawling network of buses, light rail and commuter trains. The Minneapolis Skyway System links 80 downtown city blocks with enclosed pedestrian skyways. These skyways allow people to walk in comfort despite the seasonal weather, and many sections contain shops and restaurants.
Assisted living in Minneapolis offers countless entertainment and recreational activities for seniors in one of the country’s most picturesque cities. View a list of local senior housing options on our Minneapolis Assisted Living page.
Written by senior housing writing staff.View Minneapolis Assisted Living Facilities
Call an Advisor
- Assisted Living
- Assisted Care: 5 Signs Your Loved One Might Need it
- Find Assisted Living
- Assisted Living Care: What to Expect
- Checklist for Visiting Assisted Living Homes
- Assisted Living Facilities: Common Myths
- Assisted Living Costs: Facts & Figures
- Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Paying for Assisted Living
- Assisted Living Communities
- Assisted Facilities FAQ
- Assisted Living Trends
- Assisted Senior Living: Services Included
- Assisted Living Safety: What to Look for
- Nursing Care in Assisted Living: How do Residents Benefit?
- Senior Assisted Living
- Assisted Living Center
- Nursing Homes Center
- Independent Living Center
- Home Care Center
- Continuing Care Center
- Retirement Communities Center
- Care Homes Center
- Memory Care Center
- Hospice Care Center
- Senior Finance Center
- Convalescent Care Center
- Family Caregiving Center
- Senior Living Center
- Respite Care Center
- Senior Apartments Center
- 55 Communities Center
- Adult Day Care Center
- Senior Homes Center
- Cancer Care Center
- Senior Living Newsletter
Browse by Category
- Minneapolis Assisted Living
- Minneapolis Nursing Homes
- Minneapolis Memory Care
- Minneapolis Continuing Care
- Minneapolis Home Care
- Minneapolis Care Homes
- Minneapolis Retirement Communities
- Minneapolis Independent Living
- Minneapolis Respite Care
- Minneapolis Senior Apartments
- Minneapolis Hospice Care
- Minneapolis 55+ Communities
- Minneapolis Senior Homes
- Go to Minnesota Assisted Living
Browse by City
- Minnetonka, MN Assisted Living
- Edina, MN Assisted Living
- Roseville, MN Assisted Living
- Buffalo, MN Assisted Living
- Golden Valley, MN Assisted Living
- Minneapolis, MN Assisted Living
- Saint Paul, MN Assisted Living
- Coon Rapids, MN Assisted Living
- Burnsville, MN Assisted Living
- Bloomington, MN Assisted Living
- Columbia Heights, MN Assisted Living
- Eden Prairie, MN Assisted Living
- Saint Louis Park, MN Assisted Living