Baltimore Assisted Living
There are 22 Assisted Living Facilities in Baltimore, MD and 16 Assisted Living Facilities nearby. The average cost of Assisted Living in Baltimore, MD is $3,050 per month.
Baltimore Assisted Living Facilities
Nearby Assisted Living Facilities
Other Assisted Living Facilities
- Baltimore, MD 21207-4698Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Retirement Communities
- Baltimore, MD 21218Assisted Living
- Baltimore, MD 21236-3924Assisted Living, Memory Care
- Baltimore, MD 21227-1035Assisted Living
- Baltimore, MD 21211Assisted Living, Memory Care, Respite Care
- Baltimore, MD 21214Assisted Living
- Baltimore, MD 21225Assisted Living
- Baltimore, MD 21211Adult Day Care, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Nursing Homes
- Baltimore, MD 21221Assisted Living, Independent Living, Retirement Communities
- Baltimore, MD 21215Assisted Living, Care Homes
- Baltimore, MD 21206Assisted Living
- Baltimore, MD 21206Assisted Living
- Baltimore, MD 21218Assisted Living
- Baltimore, MD 21234Assisted Living, Memory Care, Respite Care
- Baltimore, MD 21211-2116Assisted Living, Continuing Care, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Respite Care, Retirement Communities
- Baltimore, MD 21209Assisted Living, Independent Living, Memory Care
- Baltimore, MD 21228-3630Assisted Living
- Baltimore, MD 21244-5714Assisted Living
- Baltimore, MD 21210Assisted Living, Memory Care
- Baltimore, MD 21220Assisted Living, Hospice Care, Memory Care, Respite Care
- Baltimore, MD 21215Assisted Living, Memory Care
Map of Baltimore Assisted Living Facilities
Baltimore, MD Assisted Living Costs
The median cost of Assisted Living in Baltimore is $3,050 per month. Assisted Living costs range from $900 to $6,765 depending on location and other factors.
Cost of Assisted Living Facilities near Baltimore, MD
|City||Minimum Cost||Maximum Cost||Median Cost|
|Staten Island, NY||$1,205||$2,600||$2,490|
Cost of Assisted Living in Maryland
Most Maryland residents pay for assisted living using their own personal savings or those of a family member. Medicare, the government’s health plan for adults age 65 and older, does not cover the cost of assisted living care.
Some public assistance is available however, through Medicaid, the federal health plan for low-income citizens, and The Maryland Department of Aging’s Senior Assisted Living Group Home Subsidy Program, which offers financial assistance to senior residents with limited income and assets who reside in selected assisted living facilities housing between 4 and 16 residents.View Baltimore Assisted Living Facilities
Information About Assisted Living in Baltimore
Dubbed the “Charm City,” Baltimore has been transformed from its humble beginnings as an amiable, working-class port town into a bustling modern service economy, leading the way in medicine, biotech, technology and tourism. Today, Baltimore’s “Inner Harbor” boasts five Fortune 1,000 companies, and maintains a rich nautical and cultural heritage.
Baltimore is known for its welcoming and down-to-earth spirit. Its striking architecture and beautiful harbor provide a backdrop to a city that is both busy and relaxed. Seniors who choose assisted living in Baltimore enjoy a life full of cultural and artistic charm.
There is always something for residents of assisted living in Baltimore to do in this bustling metropolis of nearly three million residents. Sports fans can enjoy watching the Baltimore Ravens score a touchdown, cheer on the Baltimore Orioles at Oriole Park, or pay a visit to the nearby Babe Ruth Birthplace Museum or Sports Legends Museum at Camden Yards.
Lovers of literature will enjoy touring The Edgar Allen Poe Museum, which is located in the author’s former home. Visitors can also pay their respects to this beloved resident of Baltimore at his gravesite at the Westminster Hall and Burying Ground. While many of the city’s attractions celebrate the area’s rich history, Baltimore is also host to a number of modern attractions such as the Maryland Zoo, National Aquarium and Maryland Science Center.
Baltimore Senior Activities
Seniors enjoying assisted living in Baltimore can get out and meet others in the community at one of the many fun activities sponsored throughout the year by the Baltimore Department of Recreation and Parks’ Senior Citizens Division.
Adults age 50 and older may meet up at any one of 94 “Golden Age” clubs throughout the city to enjoy events such as crab feasts and race days. Transportation to these events is always provided.
Baltimore Medical Facilities
Baltimore is home to several top-tier medical facilities, including the world-famous Johns Hopkins Health System. Residents of assisted living in Baltimore can receive care at one of two convenient Johns Hopkins locations: Johns Hopkins Hospital and Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.
Johns Hopkins Hospital has topped the list of U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospitals in America” for 20 consecutive years and has been serving residents of Baltimore for more than a century. Founded in 1773, Johns Hopkins Bayview is one of the oldest healthcare institutions in the country and home to a nationally recognized geriatrics program and the state’s only regional burn center.
Maneuvering around Baltimore is quick and easy for both visitors and residents alike. The Maryland Transit Administration and Charm City Circulator provide service via bus, light rail and subway line.
Penn Station, which provides bus and light rail service, is one of the busiest in the country, and offers many quick and efficient ways to see the city. With so many options, seniors who choose assisted living in Baltimore enjoy worry-free transportation all year round.
Find Assisted Living in Baltimore
Baltimore’s stunning architecture and harbor views emit a small-town vibe, but the city is booming with activity. To see a list of local assisted living communities, visit our Baltimore Assisted Living page.
Written by senior housing writer Chrysti Harrison.View Baltimore Assisted Living Facilities
Call an Advisor
- Assisted Living
- Assisted Care: 5 Signs Your Loved One Might Need it
- Find Assisted Living
- Assisted Living Care: What to Expect
- Checklist for Visiting Assisted Living Homes
- Assisted Living Facilities: Common Myths
- Assisted Living Costs: Facts & Figures
- Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Paying for Assisted Living
- Assisted Living Communities
- Assisted Facilities FAQ
- Assisted Living Trends
- Assisted Senior Living: Services Included
- Assisted Living Safety: What to Look for
- Nursing Care in Assisted Living: How do Residents Benefit?
- Senior Assisted Living
- Assisted Living Center
- Nursing Homes Center
- Independent Living Center
- Home Care Center
- Continuing Care Center
- Retirement Communities Center
- Care Homes Center
- Memory Care Center
- Hospice Care Center
- Senior Finance Center
- Convalescent Care Center
- Family Caregiving Center
- Senior Living Center
- Respite Care Center
- Senior Apartments Center
- 55 Communities Center
- Adult Day Care Center
- Senior Homes Center
- Cancer Care Center
- Senior Living Newsletter
Browse by Category
- Baltimore Assisted Living
- Baltimore Nursing Homes
- Baltimore Memory Care
- Baltimore Continuing Care
- Baltimore Home Care
- Baltimore Care Homes
- Baltimore Retirement Communities
- Baltimore Independent Living
- Baltimore Respite Care
- Baltimore Adult Day Care
- Baltimore Senior Apartments
- Baltimore Hospice Care
- Baltimore 55+ Communities
- Baltimore Senior Homes
- Go to Maryland Assisted Living
Browse by City
- Washington, DC Assisted Living
- Annapolis, MD Assisted Living
- Columbia, MD Assisted Living
- Baltimore, MD Assisted Living
- Silver Spring, MD Assisted Living
- Pikesville, MD Assisted Living
- Rockville, MD Assisted Living
- Arlington, VA Assisted Living
- Severna Park, MD Assisted Living
- Chevy Chase, MD Assisted Living
- Bethesda, MD Assisted Living
- North Bethesda, MD Assisted Living
- Montgomery Village, MD Assisted Living