Chicago Assisted Living
There are 23 Assisted Living Facilities in Chicago, IL and 30 Assisted Living Facilities nearby. The average cost of Assisted Living in Chicago, IL is $4,650 per month.
Chicago Assisted Living Facilities
Nearby Assisted Living Facilities
- Review Average: 2.0 (1 review)
- Review Average: 4.0 (1 review)
Other Assisted Living Facilities
- Chicago, IL 60611Assisted Living, Independent Living, Retirement Communities
- Chicago, IL 60640Assisted Living, Independent Living, Retirement Communities
- Chicago, IL 60626Assisted Living, Nursing Homes
- Chicago, IL 60645Assisted Living, Hospice Care, Memory Care, Nursing Homes
- Chicago, IL 60629Assisted Living, Independent Living
- Chicago, IL 60649Assisted Living, Independent Living, Retirement Communities
- Chicago, IL 60625Assisted Living
- Chicago, IL 60612Assisted Living
- Chicago, IL 60619Assisted Living, Independent Living, Retirement Communities
- Chicago, IL 60637Assisted Living, Continuing Care, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Retirement Communities
- Chicago, IL 60631Assisted Living, Memory Care, Nursing Homes, Respite Care
- Chicago, IL 60643Assisted Living, Continuing Care, Independent Living, Memory Care, Nursing Homes, Retirement Communities
- Chicago, IL 60641Assisted Living, Memory Care, Nursing Homes
- Chicago, IL 60618Assisted Living, Hospice Care, Nursing Homes
- Chicago, IL 60640Assisted Living, Memory Care
Information About Assisted Living in Chicago
The Windy City has always been unstoppable. Only 22 years after being destroyed by the Great Fire, Chicago recovered enough to host The Chicago World’s Fair in 1893. When pollution from the Chicago River threatened vital Lake Michigan in 1900, citizens simply reversed the river’s flow and sent everything to the Mississippi.
Today’s residents of assisted living in Chicago enjoy a unique mixture of urbanization and nature in a city that contains both the impressive 1,450-foot Sears Tower and 7,300 acres of parkland. Chicago’s motto, “Urbs in Horto,” translates from Latin to “City in a Garden.” Chicago is the most populous city in the Midwest and home to nearly 300,000 seniors.
Residents of assisted living in Chicago will get a breathtaking view of their city from The Ledge, which protrudes from the Sears Tower Skydeck. With feet back on the ground, there is no end to the cultural and entertainment offerings of the Art Institute of Chicago, the Chicago Cultural Center, the downtown theater district and scores of city museums.
Chicago is known as a sports fan’s paradise, supporting such well-known teams as the Chicago Bears and Chicago Cubs. Seniors who excel at the hands-on sport of consumerism will love shopping the Magnificent Mile and Southport Corridor.
Chicago Senior Activities
Assisted living in Chicago is enhanced by the easy availability of education, activities and events geared for the city’s elderly population. Along with programs funded by the Chicago Department of Family and Support Services, the city is home to six regional senior centers and 24 satellite centers.
Local seniors can take advantage of the extensive Chicago Fitness Plus Regional Center Fitness Programming classes, which are designed specifically to maintain physical wellness within the older population.
Chicago Medical Facilities
The University of Chicago Medical Center is a nationally recognized academic hospital for training and research. Serving Chicago residents since 1927, the hospital is well known for excellence in treating respiratory disease, cancer, heart conditions and geriatrics.
Another valuable healthcare option for residents of assisted living in Chicago is the Rush University Medical Center, where seniors are invited to sign up for a free membership to the Rush Generations Program for Health and Aging, which offers numerous health and wellness programs and events.
Chicago’s Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) is made up of the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) bus and rail system, Metra commuter rail, and Pace suburban bus service. Eligible residents of assisted living in Chicago may utilize this transportation for free, while other seniors pay only half fare.
ADA Paratransit services are available for seniors who are unable to ride the fixed-route systems and require door-to-door transportation. The Metra Commuter Rail operates P-8, a free shuttle service to transfer riders to the nearest ADA accessible station.
Cost of Assisted Living in Chicago
As the largest city in Illinois and the third-largest city in the United States, Chicago has one of the highest costs of living in the Midwest. The median fee for a private, one-bedroom apartment in a Chicago assisted living community is $4,200 per month or $50,400 per year.* However, the cost of assisted living in Chicago can range from as low as $2,020 per month to as high as $7,563 due to variations in size, location and services offered at different facilities.
Find Assisted Living in Chicago
Chicago is an innovative city which leads the country in enhancing public safety and ensuring accessibility for all. To learn more about local senior housing options, visit our Chicago Assisted Living page.
*Genworth Financial 2011 Cost of Care Survey.
Written by senior housing writer Josh Talbot.View Chicago Assisted Living Facilities
Map of Chicago Assisted Living Facilities
Chicago, IL Assisted Living Costs
The median cost of Assisted Living in Chicago is $4,650 per month. Assisted Living costs range from $4,000 to $6,345 depending on location and other factors.
Cost of Assisted Living Facilities near Chicago, IL
|City||Minimum Cost||Maximum Cost||Median Cost|
|Grand Rapids, MI||$1,080||$3,850||$2,225|
|Fort Wayne, IN||$1,530||$4,530||$3,274|
|South Bend, IN||$1,500||$6,030||$4,188|
Cost of Assisted Living in Illinois
Most seniors pay for assisted living in Illinois using their own personal savings or those of their families. However, some financial assistance is available for low-income adults through the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services Supportive Living Program, which uses Medicaid funds to pay for personal care and services in a supportive living facility. Even under this program, residents must still pay for the cost of room and board.View Chicago Assisted Living Facilities
Browse by Category
Browse by City
- Chicago, IL Assisted Living
- Vernon Hills, IL Assisted Living
- Naperville, IL Assisted Living
- Oak Park, IL Assisted Living
- Glen Ellyn, IL Assisted Living
- Saint Charles, IL Assisted Living
- Hoffman Estates, IL Assisted Living
- Palos Park, IL Assisted Living
- Joliet, IL Assisted Living
- Bartlett, IL Assisted Living
- Buffalo Grove, IL Assisted Living
- Aurora, IL Assisted Living
- Portage, IN Assisted Living