Fort Lauderdale Retirement Communities
There are 2 Retirement Communities in Fort Lauderdale, FL and 19 Retirement Communities nearby.
Nearby Retirement Communities
- Lauderhill, FL 33319 8.0 miAssisted Living, Independent Living, Retirement CommunitiesGet Info
At Pacifica Senior Living Forest Trace, our residents don't experience an ordinary retirement because we provide the best in amenities and services.
- Plantation, FL 33324 8.9 miAssisted Living, Continuing Care, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Retirement CommunitiesGet Info
One of the Sunshine State's premier retirement communities, Covenant Village of Florida’s 20-acre campus offers all the benefits of a continuing care retirement community in a lush tropical setting.
- Hollywood, FL 33023 11.4 miAssisted Living, Independent Living, Memory Care, Retirement CommunitiesGet Info
The Peninsula offers assisted living and secured memory and Alzheimer's care services in Hollywood, FL. Licensed for 200 residents, The Peninsula is full of vibrant activity while also offering a warm and comfortable feel.
- Coral Springs, FL 33065 12.1 miAssisted Living, Independent Living, Retirement CommunitiesGet Info
Joining HarborChase of Coral Springs means you are becoming part of an extended family and the lasting friendships found here make life even more fulfilling.
- Aventura, FL 33180 12.6 miAssisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Retirement CommunitiesGet Info
Seniors seeking a retirement set in upscale surroundings and complete care for the rest of their lives won’t regret the decision to join Vi at Aventura.
- Parkland, FL 33076 13.8 miAssisted Living, Independent Living, Memory Care, Retirement CommunitiesGet Info
Aston Gardens at Parkland Commons is the retirement community for seniors with an appetite for an affordable luxurious, country-club lifestyle and five-star resort amenities.
- Boca Raton, FL 33433 14.1 miAssisted Living, Independent Living, Retirement CommunitiesGet Info
Premier Residences of Boca Raton is beautifully designed and appointed—a place that our residents are proud to call home.
- Boca Raton, FL 33433 15.0 miAssisted Living, Respite Care, Retirement CommunitiesGet Info
First-class amenities set within scenic landscaped surroundings make the perfect home for Boca Raton-area seniors who want a carefree life with supportive services close at hand.
- Delray Beach, FL 33484 20.8 miIndependent Living, Retirement CommunitiesGet Info
With its location just minutes away from entertainment, golfing and shopping, The Phoenix at Delray offers seniors a retirement lifestyle like no other in a gorgeous Delray Beach setting.
- Coral Gables, FL 33134 28.0 miAssisted Living, Independent Living, Retirement CommunitiesGet Info
Situated in the heart of "The City Beautiful", The Palace at Coral Gables represents the pinnacle of senior living in Dade County, offering 243 luxury apartments with 5 Star services.
- Boynton Beach, FL 33436 28.6 miIndependent Living, Retirement CommunitiesGet Info
Nestled within beautiful grounds in the charming community of Boynton Beach, Windward Palms features elegant facilities and the convenience of being close to area attractions.
- Boynton Beach, FL 33472 28.9 miAssisted Living, Independent Living, Memory Care, Respite Care, Retirement CommunitiesGet Info
Behind a Publix supermarket, Brookdale West Boynton Beach offers the best in Florida retirement living with flexible assisted living and memory care options in a tranquil setting.
- Lantana, FL 33462 30.9 miAssisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Retirement CommunitiesGet Info
Every level of care that we provide at Lakeside Village Care Center is intended to respect residents' privacy and promote personal dignity.
- Lantana, FL 33462 30.9 miAssisted Living, Independent Living, Respite Care, Retirement CommunitiesGet Info
Atria Meridian is a warm and welcoming retirement community in South Florida near Miami, where seniors are given all the support they need to live full, rich and independent lives
- Lantana, FL 33462 31.4 miAssisted Living, Independent Living, Memory Care, Respite Care, Retirement CommunitiesGet Info
Carlisle Palm Beach, located in Lantana, Florida, provides senior residents with the care that they need in a relaxing and beautiful environment.
An independent living community situated close to area amenities and attractions, Lake Worth Gardens provides a range of premium on-site services and activities for seniors.
Palace Suites offers up-scale independent living in the heart of Miami with a variety of studio, one- and two-bedroom luxury apartments. With amenities like a cruise ship, Palace Suites has a theater, dining rooms, arts & crafts studio, gym and a pool.
- West Palm Beach, FL 33417 39.9 miAssisted Living, Independent Living, Retirement CommunitiesGet Info
Brookdale West Palm Beach allows active seniors to enjoy a carefree lifestyle with the choice of independent or assisted living options in a tranquil and convenient location.
- West Palm Beach, FL 33401 40.0 miAssisted Living, Independent Living, Respite Care, Retirement CommunitiesGet Info
At Fountainview, seniors experience a unique retirement in a resort-like setting and enjoy amenities and services for both independent and assisted living.
Other Retirement Communities
- Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304Retirement Communities, Senior Apartments
Reviews of Fort Lauderdale Retirement Communities
Information About Retirement Communities in Fort Lauderdale
Information About Retirement Communities in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale is located in Broward County, on the east coast of Florida. As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 165,521, and is considered part of the South Florida Metropolitan Area. Fort Lauderdale’s beach location, average temperature of seventy five degrees Fahrenheit, and average of 3,000 hours of sunshine per year makes the city an active tourist destination, meaning there is always something to do for residents of Fort Lauderdale retirement communities. Fort Lauderdale is also a major yachting center, with 100 marinas housing 45,000 yachts.
Organizations Serving Seniors in Fort Lauderdale
Seniors in Fort Lauderdale are served by Broward County Elderly and Veterans Services. The organization’s Aging and Disability Resource Center connects seniors with available programs and resources in the Fort Lauderdale community, such as emergency home energy assistance programs, nutrition assistance programs, congregate and home delivered meals, and health insurance counseling. Assistance for chronic conditions, such as living healthy programs and self-management workshops, are available along with other health and fitness programs, including Tai Chi programs for better balance, programs to address fall concerns, and more.
Fort Lauderdale Senior-Friendly Activities
As a tourist destination, there is never a lack of things to do in Fort Lauderdale. In the Greater Fort Lauderdale area, there are over 4,000 restaurants, 63 golf courses, 12 shopping malls, 16 museums, and 278 campsites. Seniors who like to travel may enjoy taking advantage of the many cruise ships that leave from Port Everglades. The Riverwalk Arts and Entertainment District runs from the beach to downtown, and includes the Broward Center for the Performing Arts, a venue which regularly hosts various musicals, plays, and musical acts. The Florida Grand Opera also puts on several performances per year. Seniors who enjoy art will enjoy visiting exhibits and taking advantage of opportunities offered by Artserve, Inc. A visit to the Bellagio International Gallery and the NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale are also in order for the senior who appreciates fine art. There are also lots of theaters and cinemas, including the world’s largest drive-in theater, boasting 13 screens.
Fort Lauderdale Medical Facilities
Broward Health Medical Center is a general hospital located in Fort Lauderdale. Broward Health was ranked highly by US News and World Report for its excellent cardiology, heart surgery, and nephrology care. The hospital also offers specialties in diabetes, gastroenterology, neurology, orthopedics, and urology. Geriatrics care is also highly ranked, with their senior services including not only medical treatment, but activities, classes, a helpline, and support groups. Broward Health Medical Center also has emergency services available.
Senior-Friendly Transportation in Fort Lauderdale
Seniors who need to get around town but don’t drive or have their own vehicles rely on Broward County Transit to get where they need to go. BCT’s Community Bus service is designed to increase the number of destinations within city limits that are accessible via public transport. Additionally, BCT’s TOPS! program aims to serve individuals with disabilities by offering reliable, accessible transportation for ADA-qualified riders. Seniors who need assistance with transportation may be eligible for free or reduced public transit fares.
Fort Lauderdale retirement communities benefit from the city’s tourism industry, creating a city with plenty to do in a location where the weather is warm and mild, even in the winter. For more information, see our options for Fort Lauderdale retirement communities.