San Diego Assisted Living
There are 21 Assisted Living Facilities in San Diego, CA and 12 Assisted Living Facilities nearby. The average cost of Assisted Living in San Diego, CA is $3,075 per month.
San Diego Assisted Living Facilities
Nearby Assisted Living Facilities
Set in the heart of beautiful Southern California, Pacific Place offers a range of senior living options from independent living to Alzheimer’s care.
PROMO: Call today and ask how you can take advantage of our Sizzling Summer Special before July 4th! Click “Get Info” to learn more.Oceanside, CA 92056Distance: 32.7 miAssisted Living, Independent Living, Memory Care, Respite Care, Retirement Communities
Other Assisted Living Facilities
- San Diego, CA 92128Assisted Living, Independent Living, Memory Care, Retirement Communities
- San Diego, CA 9213955+ Communities, Assisted Living, Care Homes, Continuing Care, Independent Living, Respite Care
- San Diego, CA 92107Assisted Living, Care Homes, Hospice Care
- San Diego, CA 92110Assisted Living
- San Diego, CA 92102Assisted Living
- San Diego, CA 92108Assisted Living
- San Diego, CA 92115Assisted Living, Memory Care
- San Diego, CA 92130Assisted Living, Hospice Care, Memory Care, Nursing Homes
- San Diego, CA 92117Assisted Living, Respite Care
- San Diego, CA 92101Assisted Living, Hospice Care, Memory Care, Respite Care
- San Diego, CA 92123Assisted Living, Independent Living, Memory Care, Retirement Communities
- San Diego, CA 92102Assisted Living
- San Diego, CA 92101Assisted Living, Memory Care
- San Diego, CA 92110Assisted Living
- San Diego, CA 92128-2688Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Respite Care, Retirement Communities
- San Diego, CA 92122Assisted Living, Continuing Care, Independent Living, Memory Care, Nursing Homes, Retirement Communities
- San Diego, CA 92109Assisted Living, Independent Living, Retirement Communities
Map of San Diego Assisted Living Facilities
San Diego, CA Assisted Living Costs
The median cost of Assisted Living in San Diego is $3,075 per month. Assisted Living costs range from $900 to $6,100 depending on location and other factors.
Cost of Assisted Living Facilities near San Diego, CA
|City||Minimum Cost||Maximum Cost||Median Cost|
|San Diego, CA||$900||$6,100||$3,075|
|San Bernardino, CA||$1,200||$6,750||$3,150|
|Santa Barbara, CA||$250||$6,046||$4,400|
|San Marcos, CA||$900||$6,100||$3,075|
Cost of Assisted Living in California
Most assisted living communities in California charge a monthly fee that covers room, board, daily services and accommodations. Residents pay for assisted living care using personal savings and resources, but may take advantage of long-term care insurance, life insurance or annuities to help shoulder the cost.
Because California assisted living facilities are considered non-medical, Medicare and Medi-Cal provide only limited support. But as of March 01, 2009 the Centers for Medicaid & Medicare services renewed the Assisted Living Waiver (ALW) that will provide benefits to seniors who are both Medi-Cal and nursing home eligible. ALW will extend Medi-Cal benefits to qualified seniors living in assisted care in the counties of Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Sonoma, Fresno, San Bernardino and Riverside.View San Diego Assisted Living Facilities
Information About Assisted Living in San Diego
San Diego is the second largest city in California, and the seventh largest in the United States. This former territory of Mexico has developed into a strong political and economic forerunner, not to mention an extremely popular tourist destination, thanks to the city’s many attractions and year-round good weather.
Although the area is highly populated, seniors who choose assisted living in San Diego feel a sense of security in knowing that their city maintains a consistently low crime rate. There is no place better than San Diego for warm sun and carefree seaside living.
San Diego Recreation
Residents of assisted living in San Diego enjoy the outdoors at many public recreational areas and open spaces. Mission Bay Park is one of the best locations for beachcombing and bird watching along the coast, while Mission Trails Regional Park offers an inland escape for city dwellers.
San Diego is a prime shopping location, with the oceanfront tourist stores and entertainment of Seaport Village or the sophisticated indoor and outdoor retail shops found at Westfield Horton Plaza. The health conscious will appreciate the more than 25 farmers markets found throughout San Diego County.
San Diego Activities
Seniors will never be bored in a city that boasts nearly as many activities as grains of sand on the beach. Balboa Park alone provides 15 different museums, botanical gardens and the world-famous San Diego Zoo. Many of the park’s attractions are free of charge on certain Tuesdays.
Lovers of stage and sports can find ample entertainment at the San Diego Civic Theatre and Qualcomm Stadium. For socialization and organized activities, residents of assisted living in San Diego are invited to join one of the city’s many community senior centers.
San Diego Medical Facilities
Seniors enjoying assisted living in San Diego receive healthcare services from several quality medical facilities. One of the largest and most prestigious is Scripps Mercy Hospital, which has been providing care to the greater San Diego area since 1890.
The hospital has won numerous awards including being ranked 38th in the nation for its treatment of respiratory disorders by U.S. News and World Report, receiving Primary Stroke Care Certification and being recognized for quality in cardiac and spine care in 2009.
San Diego Transportation
511sd.com is the place for residents of assisted living in San Diego to find schedules and information for the city’s many different modes of public transportation. Seniors are eligible for reduced fares on all types of service.
There are two available paratransit options for qualifying seniors: North County Transit District operates LIFT, while Metropolitan Transit System also offers an Access service to residents of San Diego County.
Cost of Assisted Living in San Diego
The median annual cost for assisted living in San Diego is $42,000 a year.* Depending on the precise location and total amenities desired, monthly costs for a private, one-bedroom apartment can vary from $1,400 to as much as $6,746. Seniors should plan to spend a minimum of $3,500 a month for board and care.
Find Assisted Living in San Diego
“America’s Finest City” has plenty of activity and sunshine to offer your senior loved one. Browse our directory of local senior housing options by visiting our San Diego Assisted Living page.
*Genworth Financial 2011 Cost of Care Survey.
Written by senior housing writing staff.
[VIEW:search_listings_basic|Assisted Living|assisted-living]View San Diego Assisted Living Facilities
Call an Advisor
- Assisted Living
- Assisted Care: 5 Signs Your Loved One Might Need it
- Find Assisted Living
- Assisted Living Care: What to Expect
- Checklist for Visiting Assisted Living Homes
- Assisted Living Facilities: Common Myths
- Assisted Living Costs: Facts & Figures
- Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Paying for Assisted Living
- Assisted Living Communities
- Assisted Facilities FAQ
- Assisted Living Trends
- Assisted Senior Living: Services Included
- Assisted Living Safety: What to Look for
- Nursing Care in Assisted Living: How do Residents Benefit?
- Senior Assisted Living
- Assisted Living Center
- Nursing Homes Center
- Independent Living Center
- Home Care Center
- Continuing Care Center
- Retirement Communities Center
- Care Homes Center
- Memory Care Center
- Hospice Care Center
- Senior Finance Center
- Convalescent Care Center
- Family Caregiving Center
- Senior Living Center
- Respite Care Center
- Senior Apartments Center
- 55 Communities Center
- Adult Day Care Center
- Senior Homes Center
- Cancer Care Center
- Senior Living Newsletter
Browse by Category
- San Diego Assisted Living
- San Diego Nursing Homes
- San Diego Memory Care
- San Diego Continuing Care
- San Diego Home Care
- San Diego Care Homes
- San Diego Retirement Communities
- San Diego Independent Living
- San Diego Respite Care
- San Diego Senior Apartments
- San Diego Hospice Care
- San Diego 55+ Communities
- San Diego Senior Homes
- Go to California Assisted Living
Browse by City
- San Diego, CA Assisted Living
- Escondido, CA Assisted Living
- Oceanside, CA Assisted Living
- Chula Vista, CA Assisted Living
- Carlsbad, CA Assisted Living
- Vista, CA Assisted Living
- Encinitas, CA Assisted Living
- National City, CA Assisted Living
- Santee, CA Assisted Living
- El Cajon, CA Assisted Living
- Spring Valley, CA Assisted Living
- Lemon Grove, CA Assisted Living
- Ramona, CA Assisted Living