Social Media Rockstars - Individuals 2013
This category is purely based on the peoples choice! These people are the standouts in the senior industry that have a strong presence across the Internet and social media. With broad influence, they are well connected and web savvy.
The winner of Social Media Rockstars - Individuals is awarded to the finalist that earns the highest rating during the Best Senior Living Awards. Congratulations to the winner of Social Media Rockstars - Individuals!
- The Art of Aging380 Popular VoteThe Art of Aging is a Facebook presence created by artist Sophie Lumen. Sophie's goal is to shift perspectives on aging. What if we think of aging as an art? With more than 11,000 fans, The Art of Agi...
To earn a spot as a finalist for the Best Senior Living Awards, the following senior living resources received the highest number of consumer votes. Our dedicated panel of experts rated these senior living resources. Here are the Social Media Rockstars - Individuals as ranked by our panel.
- Michelle Seitzer273 Popular VoteMichelle Seitzer, who manages the @Seniors4Living Twitter account and hosts #eldercarechat, has accumulated nearly 1,400 followers on her personal Twitter account to date. Michelle keeps her followers...Shelley Webb152 Popular VoteShelley Webb is truly the voice of experience when it comes to caregiving. With more than 30 years of service as a Registered Nurse, RN Case Manager, Geriatric Care Manager and caregiver to her fathe...Dale Carter106 Popular VoteDale Carter is regarded as a respected voice for caregivers. As founder and owner of Transition Aging Parents, she has created a dynamic business devoted to serving the needs of adult children of agin...Robert Fowler81 Popular VoteRobert Fowler is the President of Retirement Media Inc., including 55CommunityGuide.com,SmallTownRetirement.com, CityRetirement.com, AssistedLivingGuide.com and BoomerPlaces.com. Robert blogs under @R...Terry Lynch Aging Strategies62 Popular VoteTerry Lynch is the owner of Strategies for Independent Aging and author of “But I Don’t Want Eldercare!” He specializes in helping older people remain as self-reliant and involved in community l...Cindy Laverty39 Popular VoteCare Company founder and President Cindy Laverty discovered that empowering caregivers was her true professional calling several years ago, while caring for her ill and aging former father-in-law. It...Eleanor Barbera, Ph.D.27 Popular VoteEleanor Feldman Barbera, PhD, founder of MyBetterNursingHome.com, is a speaker and consultant sharing insights gleaned over fifteen years as a nursing home psychologist. Her new book, The Savvy Resid...Brian Geyser25 Popular VoteFounder of CareNetworks.com. Social media strategist. Speaker. Blogger. Consultant. Licensed NP. Helping healthcare and LTC companies go social on the web...Kathy Birkett19 Popular VoteInfo & insights to help families & other caregivers of senior adults to improve the quality of life of the seniors in their lives...Susan Scanland17 Popular VoteNational Alzheimer's Expert, 28 years experience as nurse practitioner working with dementia and Alzheimer's disease...Linda Abbit15 Popular VoteEldercare and Senior advocate...Steve Moran13 Popular VoteSteve Moran, publisher of Senior Housing Forum, keeps you up-to-date on the latest news in the senior living industry, offering up news commentary and advice via Twitter...Denise M. Brown11 Popular VoteI help family caregivers. Founder, Caregiving.com, Certified Caregiving Coach, Author, Speaker...Kaye Swain8 Popular VoteKaye Swain blogs about being a part of the sandwich generation -- caring for aging parents while babysitting grandchildren at the same time. Kaye is an active and engaging participant in the Twitter c...Dr. Marion Somers5 Popular VoteDr. Marion has appeared on the TODAY Show, ABC News Now, Good Morning America Now, The NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams, National Public Radio, Walgreens' Health Corner show, Retirement Living TV...Scott Brown4 Popular VoteAdvocate for patient empowerment & quality EOL medical care; fan of palliative and hospice care teams...
The following senior living resources were nominated for a chance to earn the title of Social Media Rockstars - Individuals. All of our nominees deserve an honorable mention for the valuable resources they provide for the senior living community!
- Kim Linder9 Popular VoteCaregiver coach and talk show host for The Caregiver Hour, every Mon. on Tampa Bay's 1250AM WHNZ...Barbara McVicker3 Popular VoteBarbara McVicker uses social media to connect with other caregivers and offer them the tools and tips she has learned from her personal experiences...Carol Bradley Bursack3 Popular VoteIt is the mission of Minding Our Elders to shine a light on the isolation often felt by caregivers and seniors and to give them a voice. The book Minding Our Elders: Caregivers Share Their Personal St...Patty Grace3 Popular VotePatty Grace is the founder and CEO Aging with Grace. Patty is also the National Senior Care Examiner, Examiner.com Host, Aging with Grace and offers insight via BlogTalkRadio. Follow @PattyGrace on Tw...Barry Birkett2 Popular VoteOne of the people behind KnowledgeConnectionLLC.com and tweets on behalf of Senior Care Corner, Barry Birkett is described on Twitter as "Thinker-Listener-Writer-Trusted Adviser;" brain overflowing...Eve Glicksman2 Popular VoteEve Glicksman is an independent writer and editor focusing on boomer and older adult health and wellness. Eve Tweets as @AgingWell_, and to date has nearly 3,500 followers...Mike Gamble2 Popular VotePassion for improving the Quality of Life for Aging Seniors & Family Caregivers. Mike covers everything from assisted living to home care, memory care, aging news and health information and much more...Dr. Siobhan O'Dwyer1 Popular VoteDr. Siobhan O'Dwyer lives in Australia and tweets about senior topics. She is a dementia researcher and university lecturer. Avid reader, swimmer, filmgoer, and cook. Hearts the ABC...Lynn Wilson1 Popular VoteLynn Wilson is the founder of The Caregiver Partnership, and she blogs under @CaregiverTweets. Lynn shares information on senior living technology, elderly health and services and advice for caregiver...Amy Goyer0 Popular VoteCaregiver for my parents; multigenerational, aging & family issues expert; AARP's Family Expert & columnist/blogger/media spokesperson; Author & consultant...Andrew Stephenson0 Popular VoteAndrew lives in Colne, in the heart of Pendle in the United Kingdom, and was elected to represent Pendle in Parliament on 6th May 2010. Before being elected to Parliament he was a self-employed insura...Angela V. McKnight0 Popular VoteAdministrative services for Seniors and helping Senior Caregivers care for their Senior Loved Ones...Bonnie McFarland0 Popular Vote"Savoring Your Sixties" is for women who want to make peace with turning 60 and to create a life after 60 that is joyous, fun, and meaningful...Dr. Zachary White0 Popular VoteTo provide first-hand caregiver insight and expertise, much-needed knowledge about the caregiving experience, and most importantly, comfort to the millions of Americans who care in the shadow of a cur...Jennifer Gerhold0 Popular VoteJennifer Gerhold, publisher of Dementia Today, also manages the @DementiaToday Twitter account which has amassed nearly 237,000 followers. Jennifer is a professional writer, psychologist and a former...Leann Reynolds0 Popular VoteAs president of Homewatch CareGivers Int'l., I am afforded a unique view of the many issues facing family caregivers...Rob Harris0 Popular VoteRob Harris, SPHR, is a caregiver to his wife, a two-time cancer survivor, and is also an author, speaker and coach. We're in This Together: A Caregiver's Story was released in July 2012. Rob touches n...Suzy Webster0 Popular VoteLiving in South Wales, Suzy Webster describes herself as "Loving my Mum with dementia. Butterfly Scheme carer speaker, trainer, expert by experience and #dementiachallenger Recovering Social Worker."...
Award Program Details
- These must be individuals, however the individual may be affiliated with a company or organization
- Nominee must use either a website, social media, blog or some combination of these as a communication platform
- This category will be based on people's choice so the winner will be selected purely by popular vote. This will demonstrate their influence and strong presence in the senior industry