Best Boomer Resources 2013
Thousands of baby boomers are reaching their golden years every day. We've identified the best boomer-focused resources which help this large segment of our population cope with life as a senior, health, finances, retirement and all things boomer-related.
The winner of Best Boomer Resources is awarded to the finalist that earns the highest rating during the Best Senior Living Awards. Congratulations to the winner of Best Boomer Resources!
- The Boomington Post33 Judges Score 19 Popular VoteThe Boomington Post is a source of "news for all your boomer needs," covering health, romance, finance, retirment, legislation and much more...
The people have spoken! The People’s Choice Winner of Best Boomer Resources is the best senior living resource that earned the highest number of votes during the voting period. Congratulations to the People\’s Choice Winner of Best Boomer Resources!
- The Gypsy Nester31 Judges Score 98 Popular VoteDavid and Veronica are experiencing the collision of Baby Boomer and Empty Nester. They have decided to grab life by the horns, sell the nest and become GypsyNesters! David and Veronica blog about the...
To earn a spot as a finalist for the Best Senior Living Awards, the following senior living resources received the highest number of consumer votes. Our dedicated panel of experts rated these senior living resources. Here are the Best Boomer Resources as ranked by our panel.
- AARP32 Judges Score 3 Popular VoteAARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization with a membership that helps people age 50 and over have independence, choice and control in ways that are beneficial and affordable to them and society a...A Baby Boomer Woman's Life After 5032 Judges Score 62 Popular VoteWelcome to “A Baby Boomer Woman’s Life After 50.” I’m Judy Freedman, a fifty-something female baby boomer. My blog is targeted to the millions of baby boomer women (born between 1945 – 1964)...VibrantNation.com30 Judges Score 1 Popular VoteVibrantNation.com is the leading online community for Baby Boomer women – the place where they connect and support each other on issues unique to life after 50, including fashion, beauty, family, re...Consumer Boomer28 Judges Score 2 Popular VoteA blog written by boomers, for boomers. The blog covers a range of topics from financial planning, investments, baby boomer issues, retirement, product and service reviews and the occasional boomer ra...Huff Post Baby Boomers27 Judges Score 2 Popular VoteThe Huffington Post was created by Arianna Huffington as an original news source and a content aggregator, with newsworthy topics ranging from business to baby boomers. The Huff Post Baby Boomers sect...Boomer to Boomer Online24 Judges Score 64 Popular VoteA website that provides information to help make informed decisions, learn how to take care of yourself in the role of caregiver and learn through the experiences of others in order to meet the mental...My Itchy Travel Feet23 Judges Score 8 Popular VoteAt My Itchy Travel Feet, The Baby Boomer’s Guide to Travel, Donna L. Hull, the writer, and Alan Hull, the photographer, travel the world recording their experiences with words, photos and videos so...Generation Sandwich23 Judges Score 11 Popular VoteA blog about the joys, challenges, and trials of being part of the Sandwich Generation. We'll talk about being squished between our own aging, caring for aging parents, and parenting kids, adult kids...SandwichINK22 Judges Score 31 Popular VoteInfo, tips and resources for the multigenerational caregiver dealing with the issues of caring for the elderly parents in their family while raising children or babysitting grandchildren...Grandparents.com20 Judges Score 2 Popular VoteWhile the word "Grandparent" can make one feel older, it is definitely a title many baby boomers hold. Grandparents.com is an online magazine catering to Grandparents...Boomer Grandparents20 Judges Score 27 Popular VoteA blog written by a boomer grandparent about her journey to connect with her grandchildren when she lives far away. BoomerGrandparents.com provides fun ideas about gifts, travel, technology and games...Boomer Women Speak19 Judges Score 2 Popular VoteBoomer Women Speak is the fastest growing site for baby boomer women on the Web. We are the place for baby boomer women to encourage, connect, and support one another online...Who Moved My Dentures?17 Judges Score 28 Popular VoteAnthony Cirillo provides an essential companion for boomers with Who Moved My Dentures?, a blog which accompanies a book of the same title. Who Moved My Dentures? covers caregiving from a boomer's per...
The following senior living resources were nominated for a chance to earn the title of Best Boomer Resources. All of our nominees deserve an honorable mention for the valuable resources they provide for the senior living community!
- I Remember JFK7 Popular VoteI Remember JFK is a fun site for boomers to visit and reminisce about times gone by. Ron Enderland publishes a memory from his own life each day; memories commonly shared by the Baby Boomer generation...Boomer Living Plus3 Popular VoteWhether you are an adult child taking care of a parent or you are in transition yourself and seeking help, a trinket of knowledge from our network of resources can be the catalyst to make that quality...Active Empty Nesters0 Popular VoteActive Empty Nesters is a social media website for babyboomers.Had enough of social media sites that mixes high schoolers and college students with people your age? Active Empty Nesters is designed to...Baby Boomers U.S. (The Blog)0 Popular VoteJoe Hauckes publishes Baby Boomers U.S. (The Blog) with the goal of building "a community of like minded and same generational people who have so much in common." Joe discusses all things boomer-relat...Bloomberg Baby Boomers News0 Popular VoteBloomberg's Baby Boomers News section includes photos, videos and articles focused on news related to baby boomers, health, lifestyle and pop culture information -- all geared to the baby boomer gener...Boom Baby!0 Popular VoteWe, at boombaby.org, are not just another Over 50 Website (though we associate with them too!), but are here to ride out the change with you. In fact, we evolved from the most common issues that Over5...Boomer Girl Diary0 Popular VoteCathy Hamilton is a former TV reporter and newspaper columnist, reviewer of products with "boomer appeal," inventor of Boyfriend in-a-Box, author of 16 books (they're small), would-be children's book...BoomerCafe0 Popular VoteBoomerCafé was created by David Henderson and Greg Dobbs in the summer of 1999. BoomerCafé … it’s your place. In fact it’s the original place on the Internet that focuses on us: baby boomers w...Boomerrantz0 Popular VotePat Skene is a retired bank vice-president, author of several children’s books, magazines and newspaper columns – and a well-seasoned ranter. Her mission with boomerrantz is to express some aging...Boomers Supply0 Popular VoteBoomers Supply is a company run by boomers that caters to the interests of boomers. We select high-quality name-brand products priced to provide good value for our patrons. We continually search for j...Fierce with Age0 Popular VoteThis is a digest for Boomers and beyond who are learning to walk the fine line between romanticized and stereotyped notions of aging. The Fierce with Age Digest gathers together the best content about...First Street Blog0 Popular VoteFirst Street Blog offers "News, Updates and Innovative Products for Boomers and Beyond." Content is focused on issues impacting boomers, including health and wellness, lifestyle, retirement, technolog...Growing Bolder0 Popular VoteGrowing Bolder is a comprehensive online community for aging adults, with topics ranging from lifestyle and health to sports and recreation. Growing Bolder also offers a magazine, newsletters and blog...National Association of Baby Boomers0 Popular VoteBabyBoomers.com is dedicated strictly to baby boomers, and will address the challenges of the members of this vast generation and the challenges of the generations to follow...RL.TV0 Popular VoteRL.TV is the online source for the cable television network RLTV. RLTV is the only television network dedicated to people over 50. Programming is targeted toward this age group to address issues, conc...Retired Brains0 Popular VoteRetired Brains is a website that began as a site that assisted in connecting older individuals that are baby boomer age and older with employers. It has now expanded to be a nice location for articles...Savoring Your Sixties0 Popular VoteThe Savoring Your Sixties website is filled with articles, tools, resources, and inspiration designed to help you ease your struggles, begin to feel better about your future, and take the necessary st...The Boomer Blog0 Popular VoteLorie Eber grew up in New York City and took an early retirement at age 49. She quickly and unexpectedly found herself with a new role: caring for her aging parents. Lorie blogs about her journey and...The Roaming Boomer0 Popular VoteThis wonderful website promotes and explores baby boomer world travel. Started by two retirees who enjoyed traveling and decided to start reviewing and commenting on the places they travel. A great re...ThirdAge.com0 Popular VoteThirdAge is dedicated to serving Baby-Boomers, generally those in their mid-40s to late 60s, who are not ready to retire. They serve an audience looking to redefine what it means to get older and on t...Workforce50.com0 Popular VoteWorkforce50.com is a site dedicated to older job seekers and employer's seeking workers with more experience and maturity. It also contains an abundance of articles dealing with those over 50 and care...
Award Program Details
- This category includes websites, blogs and newsletters focused on Baby Boomers
- Websites and newsletters may focus on boomer lifestyles, finances or retirement, health or any other aspect of boomer living
- This category does not include caregiving resources
Call an Advisor
1-855-598-4107View other categories in this contest
Articles and resources to help your search
- Best Boomer Resources
- Best Caregiver Newsletters
- Best Caregiver Websites
- Best Government & Education Sites
- Best Sales and Marketing Consultants
- Best Blogs by Individuals
- Best Blogs by Organizations
- Best Industry Resources
- Best Provider Websites: Large Companies
- Best Provider Websites: Small Companies
- Most Influential Caregivers
- Most Innovative Products
- Most Inspiring Seniors
- Most Respected Charities
- Social Media Rockstars - Individuals
- Social Media Rockstars - Organizations
- Assisted Living Center
- Nursing Homes Center
- Independent Living Center
- Home Care Center
- Continuing Care Center
- Retirement Communities Center
- Care Homes Center
- Memory Care Center
- Hospice Care Center
- Senior Finance Center
- Convalescent Care Center
- Family Caregiving Center
- Senior Living Center
- Respite Care Center
- Senior Apartments Center
- 55 Communities Center
- Adult Day Care Center
- Senior Homes Center
- Cancer Care Center
- Senior Living Newsletter