Best Senior Living Blogs by Individuals 2012
Senior Living bloggers share their stories, tips, and travails as caregivers. Their blogs make us laugh and cry and help us to realize we are not alone. We have found the most engaging, insightful individual blogs in the senior living space to share with you.
The winner of Best Senior Living Blogs by Individuals is awarded to the finalist that earns the highest rating during the Best Senior Living Awards. Congratulations to the winner of Best Senior Living Blogs by Individuals!
- Minding Our Elders Blog65 Judges Score 3 Popular VoteIt is the mission of Minding Our Elders to shine a light on the isolation often felt by caregivers and seniors and to give them a voice. The book Minding Our Elders: Caregivers Share Their Personal St...
The people have spoken! The People’s Choice Winner of Best Senior Living Blogs by Individuals is the best senior living resource that earned the highest number of votes during the voting period. Congratulations to the People\’s Choice Winner of Best Senior Living Blogs by Individuals!
- The Care Company Blog61.5 Judges Score 131 Popular VoteThe Care Company is the solution center for America’s 60 million unpaid family caregivers, who every year provide more than $300 billion in free care and services to loved ones, family members and f...
To earn a spot as a finalist for the Best Senior Living Awards, the following senior living resources received the highest number of consumer votes. Our dedicated panel of experts rated these senior living resources. Here are the Best Senior Living Blogs by Individuals as ranked by our panel.
- Help! Aging Parents62.5 Judges Score 18 Popular VoteHi, I'm Susan. I was a far-away-living adult child whose parents died during this decade. (Mother predeceased my dad by three years.) I continue to be a far-away-living daughter-in-law (her only "dau...Senior Care Corner Blog62 Judges Score 3 Popular VoteSenior Care Corner is your source for insights and tips about caring for senior adults, whether you are doing so at home or remotely or if your loved one resides in a nursing home or other residential...Patti's Blog61 Judges Score 24 Popular VotePatti's blog aims to share the latest news and events surrounding elder care law...As Our Parents Age59 Judges Score 6 Popular VoteAs Our Parents Age deals with issues facing adult children taking care of their parents...Transition Aging Parents58 Judges Score 3 Popular VoteDale provides tips and advice on how to take care of your aging parents...Who Moved My Dentures?57.5 Judges Score 6 Popular VoteAnthony Cirillo provides an essential companion for boomers with Who Moved My Dentures?, a blog which accompanies a book of the same title. Who Moved My Dentures? covers caregiving from a boomer's per...We Were Five: Our Journey w57 Judges Score 5 Popular VoteLizzie's blog is an up-close and personal account of her family's personal journey with Alzheimer's and dementia, after her mom was stricken with the disease and Lizzie and her four sisters struggled...Family Relationships57 Judges Score 9 Popular VoteJoin other women in the sandwich generation - share ideas and solutions as you learn to nourish family relationships without starving yourself...The Cheerful Caregiver56 Judges Score 4 Popular VoteElizabeth Hanes focuses on the need for caregivers to put aside caregiver guilt and take care of their own needs...Inside Aging Parent Care55.7 Judges Score 104 Popular VoteThis is partly a journal of our experiences as caregivers in general and in particular as witnesses to the gradual decline of Carol and Judi’s elderly father...Mom's Brain55.5 Judges Score 77 Popular VoteI started this blog in January 2009 with the plan to remain anonymous for my mom’s sake, for my sake, and for the sake of anyone who might be uncomfortable by what I write from time to time. Eventua...Age in Place Technology55 Judges Score 2 Popular VoteLaurie M. Orlov, a tech industry veteran, writer, speaker and elder care advocate, is the founder of Aging in Place Technology Watch, a market research firm that provides thought leadership, analysis...The Amazing Aging Mind53 Judges Score 15 Popular VoteAmazing Mind offers caregivers the opportunity to connect and engage with a caregiver who has gone through it all. This site is my personal journey toward discovering the causes and meaning of Alzh...Aging Abundantly51 Judges Score 78 Popular VoteI began Aging Abundantly at a time when I was trying to make sense of the changes that were taking place in my life, both physical and emotional...Alzheimer's Dad47 Judges Score 22 Popular VoteMy father's 1253-day journey through Alzheimer's Disease (AD) and my feelings about it. Caregivers with aging parents will relate to this blog about a daughter's journey through Alzheimer's. It prov...SandwichINK46.5 Judges Score 17 Popular VoteInfo, tips and resources for the multigenerational caregiver dealing with the issues of caring for the elderly parents in their family while raising children or babysitting grandchildren...Nanahood46 Judges Score 17 Popular VoteTeresa blogs about her experiences as a grandmother...Generation Sandwich43 Judges Score 48 Popular VoteA blog about the joys, challenges, and trials of being part of the Sandwich Generation. We'll talk about being squished between our own aging, caring for aging parents, and parenting kids, adult kids...Aging Parents41 Judges Score 15 Popular VoteAgingParents is a unique nursing/legal/psychology team that helps families address conflict, communication,and planning issues related to caring for their elder loved ones. They are knowledgeable and...Rona's Blog39 Judges Score 6 Popular VoteRona's Blog keeps seniors and their families informed on senior health issues...Design with the Future in Mind36 Judges Score 13 Popular VoteWritten by Alesha E. Churba, CAPS, CD, of A.E.Churba Design, LLC. resides in Pocatello, Idaho. A.E.Churba is a Certified Aging in Place Specialist (CAPS) writing, designing and decorating with her cli...
The following senior living resources were nominated for a chance to earn the title of Best Senior Living Blogs by Individuals. All of our nominees deserve an honorable mention for the valuable resources they provide for the senior living community!
- Big Tree Murphy2 Popular VoteFinding the Humanity and Love in Alzheimer's Care For families facing the ethical, emotional and physical care issues of Alzheimer's Disease. Big Tree Murphy offers a personal look into the Alzheime...Life Bridge Solutions: Family Transitions Blog2 Popular VoteEveryone knows someone who can benefit from LifeBridge Solutions and our AttackMedicalBills.com division. We help individuals and their families prepare for and handle the turbulent times in their li...The Caregiver2 Popular VoteThe Caregiver blog gives a candid and engaging account of one sons experience of caring for his mother. Bob started learning about Alzheimer's the hard way--by living Alzheimer's disease from the fr...The Henry Chronicles2 Popular VoteThis blog is a journal about life with my Dad, who at 94 has survived the loss of his daughter and wife, WWII and Iwo Jima, three heart attacks, three open hearts and three strokes — plus life with...3 Gen Family1 Popular VoteCK Wilde shares her experiences as a long distance caregiver for her father...About Aging Parents1 Popular VoteKathy Quan uses her 30 years of experience as an RN in home health and hospice care to provide advice to the sandwiched generation...Aging Bodies1 Popular VoteI am a 63 year old trying to understand the changes my body is undergoing as I age - doing research and writing things up as I look into them on the above site...Alzheimer's Speaks1 Popular VoteAlzheimer’s Speaks was developed for professional and public alike to have easy access to a variety of services, tools, concepts and products when dealing with the disease. Alzheimer’s Speaks be...Caregiving, Mothering Mother, and More1 Popular VoteA blog about the guilt, frustrations, humor and sweet times that come with caregiving with a focus on Parkinson's and Alzheimer's...Caring for Aging Parents1 Popular VoteA blog trying to help children with aging parents...Family Home and Life1 Popular VoteConnie writes about her experiences as a grandmother and senior...Food & Family1 Popular VoteI am a 51 year old single male Creative Consultant [writer, producer, director, image consultant] who stays at home to care for my 1920's vintage mother who is in late stages of Alzheimer's Disease. M...Geezer Guff1 Popular VoteProclaiming to be for "funny and fiesty seniors" it is a fun take on a variety of topics including senior health, travel and love...Holly Eburne Blog1 Popular VoteFor 30 years, Holly Eburne was a Sport Physical Therapist who spent her time traveling the world with nationally-ranked Canadian sports teams. Then her life changed when her husband, Dave, was diagnos...Hospice and Nursing Homes Blog1 Popular VoteFrances Shani Parker, author of Becoming Dead Right: A Hospice Volunteer in Urban Nursing Homes (paperback, e-book), writes this blog. Topics include news, practices, research, poems, stories, intervi...Kathy Through the Looking Glass1 Popular VoteKathy Bryant stayed at twelve different senior living facilities and blogged about her experience, offering seniors and caregivers a unique look at Spokane-area options...Retirement Investigator1 Popular VoteThe latest news on retirement finance, long term care and senior living...Second-Half of Life Blog1 Popular VoteDavid Solie tries to provide readers with new ideas and strategies for understanding and communicating with aging parents...The Care Navigator Blog1 Popular VoteHelping Individuals and Families Navigate Healthcare and Aging Issues...The Caregivers1 Popular VoteKathryn Smaw Amerson (1961- ) was born in New Bern, North Carolina. She is a community college Professor of History and Humanities. The Caregivers is her first novel...Wriggling in the Middle1 Popular VoteThis blog talks about the dilemmas and sometimes the delights of being part of the sandwich generation and responsible for the care of multiple generations...
Award Program Details
- Consumer-focused content: the majority of the content is targeted to consumers (vs. the senior living industry)
- Content related to caregiving, assisted living, independent living, Alzheimer’s/memory care, skilled nursing care, and home care.
- Blogs, which means that the content is displayed in reverse-chronological order. To qualify, a blog must have at least six posts per year.
- Blog must be maintained and owned by an individual, and not by a corporation or organization.
Call an Advisor
1-855-598-4107View other categories in this contest
Articles and resources to help your search
- Best Websites & Newsletters for Caregivers
- Best Senior Living Provider Websites
- Best Designed Senior Living Provider Websites
- Best Government & Education Resources Sites
- Best Senior Living Blogs by Individuals
- Social Media Rockstars - Organizations
- Best Senior Living Blogs by Organizations
- Best Senior Living Industry Resources
- Best Senior Living Online Retailers
- Social Media Rockstars - Individuals
- Assisted Living Center
- Nursing Homes Center
- Independent Living Center
- Home Care Center
- Continuing Care Center
- Retirement Communities Center
- Care Homes Center
- Memory Care Center
- Hospice Care Center
- Senior Finance Center
- Convalescent Care Center
- Family Caregiving Center
- Senior Living Center
- Respite Care Center
- Senior Apartments Center
- 55 Communities Center
- Adult Day Care Center
- Senior Homes Center
- Cancer Care Center
- Senior Living Newsletter