Best Government & Education Resources Sites 2012
Many federal, state and local government agencies do a fantastic job sharing information on the web about their programs with the public. We have highlighted the very best government sites out there. We also included Educational sector sites, such as geriatric, and gerontology departments at colleges and universities.
The winner of Best Government & Education Resources Sites is awarded to the finalist that earns the highest rating during the Best Senior Living Awards. Congratulations to the winner of Best Government & Education Resources Sites!
- Medicare.gov55.75 Judges Score 3 Popular VoteMedicare.gov is the go to resource for both caregivers and seniors for all things Medicare. With plenty of articles, resources and educational materials, Medicare.gov is a one-stop shop...
The people have spoken! The People’s Choice Winner of Best Government & Education Resources Sites is the best senior living resource that earned the highest number of votes during the voting period. Congratulations to the People\’s Choice Winner of Best Government & Education Resources Sites!
- Stockton Center on Successful Aging37 Judges Score 7 Popular VoteThe Stockton Center on Successful Aging promotes education, research, and services to respond to local, regional, and statewide needs related to population aging...
To earn a spot as a finalist for the Best Senior Living Awards, the following senior living resources received the highest number of consumer votes. Our dedicated panel of experts rated these senior living resources. Here are the Best Government & Education Resources Sites as ranked by our panel.
- Administration on Aging54.75 Judges Score 2 Popular VoteThe mission of AoA is to develop a comprehensive, coordinated and cost-effective system of home and community-based services that helps elderly individuals maintain their health and independence in th...US Department of Veteran's Affairs50.75 Judges Score 2 Popular VoteThe US Department of Veteran’s Affairs website has a wealth of information for veteran’s about long-term care...NIH Senior Health50 Judges Score 2 Popular VoteThis easy-to-use website features basic health and wellness information for older adults from the National Institutes of Health...Ohio Department of Aging49.75 Judges Score 2 Popular VoteThe Ohio Department of Aging is the designated State Unit on Aging, as required by the Federal Older Americans Act. We are a cabinet-level state agency with a director appointed by the governor. We re...AlzBrain.org48 Judges Score 3 Popular VoteThis learning resource contains information for caregivers and professionals of persons with dementia and individuals who worry about memory problems...ElderCare Locator47 Judges Score 2 Popular VoteThe Eldercare Locator is a public service of the U.S. Administration on Aging to help connect you to services for older adults and their families...Intergenerational Programs & Aging46.5 Judges Score 2 Popular VoteThis Web site focuses on educational programs and practices that strengthen intergenerational relationships and competencies in children, youth, older adults, and families...University of Indianapolis Center for Aging & Community41 Judges Score 3 Popular VoteThe University of Indianapolis Center for Aging & Community offers online programs in Aging Studies. In addition, the Center does research and consultation on issues important to older adults...University of Michigan Health System - Program for Positive Aging40.75 Judges Score 2 Popular VoteWelcome to the Program for Positive Aging – a place for everyone’s brighter future! Positive aging involves more than just maintaining good health for as long as possible. Physical wellness is vi...Scripps Gerontology Center38 Judges Score 2 Popular VoteResearch efforts include generating, organizing, and disseminating high quality multidisciplinary aging related knowledge that will make a difference in the lives of older adults...Energy Management in Senior Care Facilities33 Judges Score 5 Popular VoteSenior care communities are now eligible to receive an energy performance score by using EPA’s online energy measurement and tracking tool, Portfolio Manager, and to earn the ENERGY STAR certificati...University of Maryland Gerontology Program21 Judges Score 2 Popular VoteThe University of Maryland Baltimore is home to internationally recognized interdisciplinary and interprofessional research and education programs and centers in the field of geriatrics and gerontolog...
The following senior living resources were nominated for a chance to earn the title of Best Government & Education Resources Sites. All of our nominees deserve an honorable mention for the valuable resources they provide for the senior living community!
- USA.gov Senior Citizens Resources2 Popular VoteA wealth of resources about caregiving, senior housing, senior health and retirement awaits you at the USA.gov site...AgeWise Connection1 Popular VoteAtlanta Regional Commission's AgeWise Connection is your first stop in the Atlanta region for information about services and programs for older adults such as housing options, retirement planning, in-...Area Agency on Aging 1B1 Popular VoteAAA1B offers the latest news, and tips on senior care, while giving seniors and their families tools to get the services they need...Arizona Division of Aging and Adult Services1 Popular VoteThe Division of Aging and Adult Services provides a comprehensive array of services to help people achieve or maintain their highest level of independence and self-sufficiency. Services and programs r...California Department of Aging1 Popular VoteThe California Department of Aging website is designed to be promoting the independence and well-being of older adults, adults with disabilities, and families of California residents...Central Ohio Area Agency on Aging1 Popular VoteCOAAA provides information, resources and education to the community, as well as services for older adults to continue living independently in their own homes...Detroit Area Agency on Aging1 Popular VoteTo educate, advocate and promote healthy aging to enable people to make choices about home and community-based services and long term care that will improve their quality of life...Michigan Office of Services to the Aging1 Popular VoteIf you're an older adult, family member, or caregiver, here you can easily find and be referred to community programs available in your local area. Information to help people age successfully is also...Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services1 Popular VoteGo here to find the latest information on senior health, as well as, resources and articles on long term care...New York State Office of Aging1 Popular Votehe New York State Office for the Aging is part of the Executive Department in New York State and is the designated State Unit on Aging under the Older Americans Act of 1965, as amended. The mission o...Nutrition.gov1 Popular VoteNutrition.gov provides easy access to vetted food and nutrition information from across the federal government. It serves as a gateway to reliable information on nutrition, healthy eating, physical ac...Senior Services - Washington State1 Popular VoteSenior Services is the most comprehensive nonprofit agency serving older adults and their loved ones in Washington State...Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services1 Popular VoteThe Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) was created to administer long-term services and supports for people who are aging as well as for people with intellectual and physical dis...The University of Iowa Center on Aging1 Popular VoteThe University of Iowa Center on Aging is an interdisciplinary center that serves as a state and university-wide resource to address the needs of older Iowans. It proceeds from the global view that ag...WA Aging & Disability Services Adminstration1 Popular VoteServing adults with chronic illnesses or conditions and people of all ages with developmental disabilities. All long-term care and Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) services are voluntary...Wisconsin Alzheimer's Institute1 Popular VoteThe Wisconsin Alzheimer's Institute is committed to creating a public health environment in which Alzheimer's disease and related dementias are widely recognized, well understood, aggressively and app...
Award Program Details
- Federal, State and Local Government websites
- Geriatric, Gerontology & Research websites at Universities and Colleges Consumer focused content related to senior living and caregiving including senior housing and care, financial aid programs, etc.
Call an Advisor
1-855-598-4107View other categories in this contest
Articles and resources to help your search
- Best Websites & Newsletters for Caregivers
- Best Senior Living Provider Websites
- Best Designed Senior Living Provider Websites
- Best Government & Education Resources Sites
- Best Senior Living Blogs by Individuals
- Social Media Rockstars - Organizations
- Best Senior Living Blogs by Organizations
- Best Senior Living Industry Resources
- Best Senior Living Online Retailers
- Social Media Rockstars - Individuals
- Assisted Living Center
- Nursing Homes Center
- Independent Living Center
- Home Care Center
- Continuing Care Center
- Retirement Communities Center
- Care Homes Center
- Memory Care Center
- Hospice Care Center
- Senior Finance Center
- Convalescent Care Center
- Family Caregiving Center
- Senior Living Center
- Respite Care Center
- Senior Apartments Center
- 55 Communities Center
- Adult Day Care Center
- Senior Homes Center
- Cancer Care Center
- Senior Living Newsletter